Many parents experience parenthood as a big change in their lives. Can you prepare for…
Update 23-01-2021: information about the ‘avondklok’ and the vaccination.
Do not visit the practice with fever, shortness of breath at rest or with mild exertion, muscle pain at rest or with mild exertion, general malaise at rest or mild exertion, cough, sore throat, nasal cold, taste and / or loss of smell even without colds, extreme fatigue, pain behind the eyes and diarrhea. And/or a housemate with proven covid-19 and/or when you are in quarantine. Are you doubting or do you have other complaints? Do not hesitate to contact us! We are 24/7 available, as usual. It is possible, and adviced, to be tested via the GGD in case of a nasal cold, coughs, fever, increase and/or sudden taste and smell loss: call 0800-1202.
The urgent advice is to wear a mouth mask during your visit to the practice. We will wear a mouth mask during all contact <1.5 meters during prenatal, natal and postnatal care.
– Wear a mouth mask.
– The first appointment and postpartum check-up are in principle by phone, unless otherwise discussed. All other appointments are at the practice.
– Come preferably alone to your appointment, or with your partner (wearing a mouth mask). Others/children may not come (yet). We want to ask you to come to the practice at the agreed time, and wash/clean your hands after entering the practice. And if you expect that 15 minutes is not enough time for your questions ánd the check-up, please don’t hesitate and e-mail us. We always want to avoid run-out during our consultations but we have to avoid it these times.
– Our regular check-ups in the evening will end before 9 pm.
– Back from a journey to an ‘orange’ country? The advice is to stay 10 days in quarantine at home. Do you have an appointment with us during those 10 days or need care? Please let us know!
– The informational evenings are again cancelled. The online film is for the time being the alternative.
DE POORT (ULTRASOUNDS)
– Partners (with moutmask and without health complaints) are welcome during the scans. De Poort has the same measures as we do: no health complaints and preferably not when you are in quarantine (for whatever reason). Please contact de Poort when you’re doubting or when you have to change your appointment.
– PoortPret is temporarily closed ( = non essential care)
– Blood draw by appointment. More locations have been opened, make an appointment online.
URGENT MATTERS / DELIVERY
The ‘avondklok’ is not in the way of providing maternity care. We will visit you when necessary, just like before the ‘avondklok’. In case of a medical emergency it is not necessary to have a ‘eigen verklaring Avondklok’. However, we advise all pregnant women to put a ‘eigen verklaring Avondklok’ in their pink envelope (or have it prepared on their phone). In case it is necessary for whatever reason to go to the hospital, the form is ready to use. Don’t forget that the one who will be taking care for your other child(eren) will need an actual ‘eigen verklaring Avondklok’.
– If a (home) visit is necessary and you are (possibly) infected with the coronavirus, you will be visited by us (with protection).
– Delivering in the hospital? Only one person may accompany you. In the delivery room it is not necessary to wear a mouth mask, outside the room it is obligated in the entire hospital. Visits from family/friends are not allowed. When your birthpartner has corona complaints, he/she is not unfortunately not welcome at the birth. Unless he/she is tested negative for corona. In the home environment he/she is allowed with mild complaints when wearing a mouth mask.
– Two home visits, among other for the ‘hielprik’, other visits by phone. Let us know if you, or family members, have covid-19 symptoms.
– The hearing test will take place at the CJG (centrum voor Jeugd en Gezin).
In the client brochure about covid-19 (in Dutch, update of 3-10-2020) you can find frequently asked questions about corona and pregnancy and further explanation about the measures.
See this link for the point of view on vaccination for covid-19 during pregnancy and postpartum period.
We hope that the mouth mask will not hinder us in the communication with you, and from sensing your situation. If it does, please let us know. Despite the physical distance, we will do our utmost to provide you with the personal care you are used to from us! Is there anything unclear as a result of these measures? Please contact us. Preferably by e-mail, to keep the phone line as available as possible.